Talent Attraction is a big part of what we do here at DISHER, because passionate people are a central piece of the puzzle in making any organization work and perform well. It is our goal for you to obtain a rewarding career whether it’s at DISHER or with one of our partnering companies. Take a look at our complete list of job openings here at DISHER and with other appealing companies we work with.
Disher is partnering with our customer in their search a Structural Engineer. Our partner is an established A&E firm; this is a full time, direct hire role with our customer and not with Disher.
We’re unique. Sure, every firm says that, but we know what makes us unique. We constantly develop well-rounded professionals who become the best at what they do. We strive to create an office culture that reflects the rapidly shifting world we live in. We believe we’re located in a great city in one of the best parts of the world.
At our core we deeply value talent development and opportunities for growth. We have always supported an office culture that encourages new employees to become the best professionals in our core markets of Educational facilities, Industrial plants, Healthcare facilities and Corporate offices.
We love what we do and we’re ready to help you love it too. We think that building engineering and architecture is an exciting career full of opportunities for innovation, exploration and relationship building, all to help make the world a better place.
Whether you come join us in Holland, Michigan, Grand Rapids, Michigan or Indianapolis, Indiana, your opportunities are as limitless as your imagination. Come be a part of designing the future.
What are some of the things you’ll get to do in this job?
• Work collaboratively with a team of architects, engineers and interior design teams on a wide variety of projects in Education, Industrial/Food Processing, Healthcare and Higher Education markets
• Lead a team or a small group to accomplish a task
• Participate in project management
• Production and coordination of technical plans, specifications, drawings and models with 3D BIM/Revit and/or AutoCAD and other applicable structural software packages
• Develop design calculations
• Manage multiple projects / deadlines simultaneously
• Design systems that are sustainable, high performance and/or US Green Building Council LEED
• Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering (structural emphasis) from an accredited college/university
• 3+ years of experience in designing with steel, concrete and masonry building systems
• PE license
What might set you apart from other candidates?
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong sense of project ownership/responsibility
• Ability to develop great relationship with customers
• Passion for the structural engineering and architectural engineering consulting field
• Excellent communication skills and work ethic
• Past experience in leading or growing a team
• Interest and/or experience in business development
The Legal Stuff: This is a direct, full time, permanent position, and the salary will be commensurate with experience, including an excellent benefit package. Must have current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Please apply and attach resume at the following link:
Disher is a full-service product development and engineering services firm in West Michigan and Ann Arbor. Our engineering team is highly technical and diversified, serving in a variety of markets including automotive, office furniture, alternative energy, and medical. Our capabilities span from napkin through launch, providing numerous opportunities for us to partner with clients in product and process development, as well as in talent identification and attraction.