Talent Attraction is a big part of what we do here at DISHER, because passionate people are a central piece of the puzzle in making any organization work and perform well. It is our goal for you to obtain a rewarding career whether it’s at DISHER or with one of our partnering companies. Take a look at our complete list of job openings here at DISHER and with other appealing companies we work with.
Interior Designer – Royal Oak, Michigan
Disher is a full-service product development and engineering firm in West Michigan. We are currently hiring a top-notch Interior Designer for a role with our clients in Royal Oak, Michigan. This role is direct and full time and will work closely with architects, engineers, clients and contractors in a large, professional architectural and engineering firm.
We’re unique. Sure, every firm says that, but we know what makes us unique. We constantly develop well-rounded professionals who become the best at what they do. We strive to create an office culture that reflects the rapidly shifting world we live in. We believe we’re located in a great city in one of the best parts of the world. At our core we deeply value talent development and opportunities for growth. We have always supported an office culture that encourages new employees to become the best professionals in our core markets of Educational facilities, Industrial plants, Healthcare facilities and Corporate offices
What will make you successful:
• Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design.
• NCIDQ Certificate Holder preferred and eligibility to sit for exam is required.
• Five or more years of experience required in an architectural or interior design firm.
• Experience with large projects from $100k (required) to $50M (desired)
• The successful candidate will have a strong design sensitivity and thoroughness in drawing and project organization.
• Strong knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness including furniture, fixtures, lighting, and visual art required.
• Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems, sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines required.
• Ability to consult with external clients and have excellent communication skills.
• Corporate design focus preferred.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects / deadlines simultaneously.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, SketchUp, InDesign, CAD / Revit required and experience in Photoshop and Illustrator preferred.
• Must have knowledge of current practices in the production of technical plans, specifications, drawings and models.
• Positive attitude with proven proficiency of working collaboratively and effectively within a team setting including architects, contractors, owners, consultants and vendors
• Strong work ethic, ability to work efficiently and with accuracy with minimal supervision, and take responsibility for own work.
• Must have current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
DISHER is a nationally-recognized product development and business consulting firm with offices in Zeeland and Ann Arbor, Michigan and Indianapolis, Indiana. Our team is highly technical and diversified, serving in a variety of markets including automotive, office furniture, alternative energy, and medical. Our capabilities span from napkin sketch through launch, providing numerous opportunities for us to partner with clients in product and process development. DISHER also assists clients with business solutions and Talent identification and attraction. Check out more about what we do at http://www.DISHER.com/about-us/
Key words: architecture and engineering, interior design, NCIDQ, architect, design sensitivity, construction, LEED, Revit.