Senior Product Engineer - Muskegon, Michigan
Disher is partnering with a Michigan based company, in their need for a full-time Senior Product Engineer located in Muskegon, Michigan.
The Senior Product Engineer is responsible for product design, redesign, special orders, engineering analysis of coil springs, wire forms, and metal stampings for manufacturing.
- Leads the engineering activities associated with design, development and launch of new products and technology.
- Participates in, evaluates, and recommends manufacturing process, FMEA and control plans.
- Acts as the technical liaison to sales team presenting technical cases internally.
- Leads and participates in technical resolution for issues related with product design, manufacturing, quality and field failures.
- Stay abreast with industry developments to promote technical understanding and knowledge of associated products and applications.
- Leads development of technical proposals including analyzing requirements and developing design alternatives such as manufacturing and estimating costs.
- Conducts design and manufacturing feasibility studies, researches and develops alternatives.
- Employs lean tools in problem solving, including 8D methodology.
- Champion’s product and process innovation, including VA/VE and Cost Improvements as assigned.
- Develops test plans, procedures, and analyzes data for design problem solving.
- Utilizes engineering and productivity tools such as CAD, FEA and planning ERP.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- 10+ years of industry experience preferred but, not required. Spring, wire form, stamping design, development and applications experience preferred.
- Experience working from design concepts to production.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and machinery, automation, and metal forming techniques.
- Understanding of product development and testing.
- Experience with Lean and Continuous Improvement (CI).
- Working knowledge of quality control principles and problem solving methods.
- Experience in technical writing.
- Familiar with CAD software such as SolidWorks, FEA and other statistical and engineering tools.
- Must have current and continuing right to work in the USA without sponsorship.
Please apply and attach resume at the following link:
Disher is a full-service product development and engineering services firm in West and East Michigan, and Indianapolis, Indiana. Our engineering team is highly technical and diversified, serving in a variety of markets including automotive, office furniture, alternative energy, and medical. Our capabilities span from napkin through launch, providing numerous opportunities for us to partner with clients in product and process development, as well as in talent identification and attraction.