Disher is partnering with a leading provider of intelligent material handling systems in their search for a full-time Senior Controls Engineer. This is located in Bolingbrook, IL, Erlanger, KY, Arlington, TX or Grand Rapids, MI.
What it’s like to work here:
This growing company has a family atmosphere and is highly invested in the development of their employees. Through mentoring programs, growth path development and cross-pollinated team work, there are many opportunities for new teammates to develop learn from other highly experienced employees.
The Senior Controls Engineer I designs control systems for industrial material handling solutions. Includes development of specifications, device layout drawings, control schematics, PLC logic, and solutions that deliver exceptional customer value. Works closely with the overall project team to design systems that exceed the project requirements. Uses creativity and innovation to tailor the standard product offering to meet customer needs. May lead project work and provide direction to less-senior team members.
- Based on customer specifications and scope documentation, designs system layouts, schematics, and control devices
- Performs diverse, specialized and complex work involving significant accountability and decision-making
- Creates control sequence of operation documents to ensure that the design meets customer expectations
- Prepares schematics and specifications for control panel fabrication
- Maintains a progress schedule that meets project milestones
- Provides documentation and support to the field wiring team
- Creates Programmable Logical Control (PLC) programs
- Works closely with the Software Engineering team to integrate control solutions
- Performs on-site commissioning to implement and validate the system design
- Reviews customer specifications and scope documentation for quotation and clarification
- Performs process checks and reviews the output of other team members
- May lead project work and direct less-senior team members
- Travels up to 50%
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or a related engineering field
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience preferred
- Experience with various industrial HMI and SCADA systems
- Experience with Allen-Bradley controls/controllers or Schneider PLCs a plus
- Knowledge of industrial automation
- Proficient with AutoCAD
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead a team and accomplish project goals effectively
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and deadlines
- Team-oriented and collaborative
- Creative-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Ability to work non-traditional hours
Please apply and attach resume at the following link:
Disher is a full-service product development and engineering services firm in East and West Michigan and Indianapolis, Indiana. Our engineering team is highly technical and diversified, serving in a variety of markets including automotive, office furniture, alternative energy, and medical. Our capabilities span from napkin through launch, providing numerous opportunities for us to partner with clients in product and process development, as well as in talent identification and attraction.