Disher is partnering with a leading provider of intelligent material handling systems in their search for a full-time Controls Engineering Manager in Erlanger, KY.
What it’s like to work here:
This growing company has a family atmosphere and is highly invested in the development of their employees. Through mentoring programs, growth path development and cross-pollinated team work, there are many opportunities for new teammates to develop learn from other highly experienced employees.
The Controls Engineering Manager leads and manages a team of controls engineers that design, develop, and implement material handling systems. Supports the Corporate Executive team by providing technical information, guidance, and product knowledge while performing related work as required.
- Performs diverse, specialized, and complex work involving significant accountability and decision-making responsibility
- Combines an extensive professional background and ability to coordinate departmental work
- Manages a team of engineers, including recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures
- Achieves electrical engineering operational objectives by contributing electrical engineering information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing projects, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining administrative system improvements; implementing change
- Reviews customer specifications and scope documentation for quotation and clarification
- Performs regular process checks and reviews of the output of the engineering team
- Provides direction and training to junior-level staff for continued professional growth
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
- Combination of training and experience providing required knowledge, skills and abilities, such as Bachelor’s degree in electrical/controls engineering or a related engineering field with minimum of 5 years of increasingly responsible experience in professional engineering design and project execution experience, including minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience is preferred
- Knowledge of industrial automation
- Proficient with AutoCAD
- Excellent management skills for directing, coaching, scheduling, and assisting team members
- Ability to lead a team and accomplish project goals effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with executives, engineers, sales people, vendors, and peers
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and deadlines
- Team-oriented and collaborative
- Creative-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn new technologies
Please apply and attach resume at the following link:
Disher is a full-service product development and engineering services firm in East and West Michigan and Indianapolis, Indiana. Our engineering team is highly technical and diversified, serving in a variety of markets including automotive, office furniture, alternative energy, and medical. Our capabilities span from napkin through launch, providing numerous opportunities for us to partner with clients in product and process development, as well as in talent identification and attraction.