Commissioning Engineer – Erlanger, Kentucky
Disher is currently partnering with a leading provider of intelligent material handling systems to fill their Commissioning Engineer role in Erlanger Kentucky, Bolingbrook, Illinois or Arlington, Texas. You could be a great fit for this role if you have experience in controls-related products, solutions and engineering concepts and are interested in using that experience to provide technical expertise and develop solutions for automation technical problems.
What it’s like to work here:
This growing company has a family atmosphere and is highly invested in the development of their employees. Through mentoring programs, growth path development and cross-pollinated team work, there are many opportunities for new teammates to develop learn from other highly experienced employees.
What you will get to do:
What will make you successful:
- Utilize knowledge and experience to provide expertise and develop solutions for automation technical problems.
- Work with on-site personnel to meet project implementation and installation requirements.
- Communicate with internal and external client design and engineering team throughout implementation.
- Travel to sites to facilitate installation and execution, including assembling, aligning, installing and inspecting equipment as necessary.
- Provide documentation, training and support to clients as needed.
- Travel up to 100%.
- Broad knowledge of controls related products, solutions and engineering concepts.
- Combination of training and experience providing required knowledge, skills and abilities, such as Associate’s degree in electronics, electrical, or controls engineering or a related field with experience commissioning controls-related systems at customer facilities.
- Familiarity with Allen-Bradley controls and various industrial HMI and SCADA systems, Siemens, Omron, and Schneider PLC’s is preferred.
- Ability to read/understand system layouts, schematics and control devices as well as troubleshoot and adjust PLC programs.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated, but also team focused and collaborative.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours.
Apply for this position here:
Disher is a full-service product development and engineering services firm in East and West Michigan and Indianapolis, Indiana. Our engineering team is highly technical and diversified, serving in a variety of markets including automotive, office furniture, alternative energy, and medical. Our capabilities span from napkin through launch, providing numerous opportunities for us to partner with clients in product and process development, as well as in talent identification and attraction.
Learn about other Disher opportunities here: http://disherdesign.catsone.com/careers
Keywords: Commissioning Engineer, Controls, Automation, HMI, PLC.