Advance Quality Engineer – Grand Rapids, Michigan
Disher is currently partnering with a leading automotive supplier in Grand Rapids, Michigan to fill their Advance Quality Engineer role. In this position, you will align customer expectations with the organization’s process and act as a key point of contact for the customer. You will also provide essential support throughout the manufacturing launch process.
What it’s like to work here:
- There is focus on building strong, trusting relationships and confidence with customers by providing great value and maintaining the standard for the customer experience.
- It is a fast-paced environment, working with OEM, Tier I and Tier II automotive suppliers.
- There are some growing pains as well as rewards that come with a fast-growing company.
- It is a family oriented work environment, where everyone has fun, but still gets the job done.
- Work-life balance is a priority, there is trust that employees will self-manage their work and schedules.
What you will get to do:
- Work with Program Management to manage quality launch activities, which includes creating flow charts, PFMEA, control plans and associated documents within the manufacturing environment.
- Assume responsibility for the OEM specific key point of contact. Responsibility involves the launch activities and documentation pertaining to quality of the product.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for customer specific requirements (CSR), special/specific documentation requests and Web portal systems.
- Proactively manage APQP/PPAP elements, MSDS/Environmental submissions, documentation controls and dimensional studies.
- The opportunity to work independently and with other professional individuals in the preparation and execution of successful launches at multiple manufacturing locations.
- Ensure potential risk factors are accounted for, and proactively communicate with stakeholders.
- Maintain document control systems and participate in external audits of the Quality Management Systems.
What will make you successful:
- Experience with the pace and rigors of the automotive quality environment, OEM, Tier 1 and 2, or similar experience.
- Innate level of proactive, sequential, and highly organized thinking.
- Experience creating APQP documentation (flow chart, PFMEA, control plans and developing work instructions and MSA's).
- Working knowledge of GD&T and drawing reviews.
- Success in leading project teams and working with high-demand customers.
- The ability to get along with a wide spectrum of personalities in the work place.
- Degree in engineering or technical field and/or equivalent experience in the automotive industry preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 10-15% of the time. Travel is planned and not last minute.
Apply for this position here: www.disher.com/careers
Disher is a full-service product development and engineering services firm in East and West Michigan and Indianapolis, Indiana. Our engineering team is highly technical and diversified, serving in a variety of markets including automotive, office furniture, alternative energy, and medical. Our capabilities span from napkin through launch, providing numerous opportunities for us to partner with clients in product and process development, as well as in talent identification and attraction. Learn about other Disher opportunities here: http://disherdesign.catsone.com/careers
Keywords: Advance Quality Engineer, Automotive, Tier 1. OEM, Quality Engineering, TS/ISO, GD&T, PPAP.