Senior Emissions Engineer – Ann Arbor, Michigan
DISHER is currently partnering with an OEM Automotive company in Ann Arbor, Michigan to fill their Senior Emissions Lab Engineer. In this role, you will maintain the operations of the emissions testing laboratory, as well as assessing requests from other departments in the design of projects for the emission-testing group.
What it’s like to work here:
This automotive OEM has been challenging convention for 100 years, using their vision, perseverance and passion for automobiles to set their own standards and try the things no one else dares to do. Exciting things are happening here as the local departments are being empowered to create a vision of success and make it a reality. The smaller size of this OEM and the direct access to leadership make this a place where you can make a difference. Your voice will be heard and people will know your name.
What you will get to do:
What will make you successful:
- Develop vehicle monitoring systems, test and evaluate test results, assess equipment calibrations, analyze and correct issues
- Facilitate the operation and scheduling of various emission tests and verification of test results
- Facilitate training on Engine Emission Control systems, test procedures and reporting for technicians and senior technicians
- Provide government program support related to state and federal automobile emission regulations and meet with government officials
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical, electrical, or chemical engineering or similar degree
- 5+ years experience with exhaust emissions testing, performance testing, laboratory operations
- Ability to meet deadlines set by regulatory agencies
- Exceptional communication skills to make presentations to leadership as well as generate technical reports and documentation
- Must have current and continuing right to work in the United States of America without sponsorship
Apply for this position here: www.disher.com/careers
DISHER is a full-service product development and engineering services firm in East and West Michigan and Indianapolis, Indiana. Our engineering team is highly technical and diversified, serving in a variety of markets including automotive, office furniture, alternative energy, and medical. Our capabilities span from napkin through launch, providing numerous opportunities for us to partner with clients in product and process development, as well as in talent identification and attraction.
Learn about other DISHER opportunities here: http://DISHERdesign.catsone.com/careers
Keywords: Emission Testing, Vehicle Monitoring Systems, ARB, SHED, EPA, Automotive, OEM, Tier 1.