Engineering Project Manager – Zeeland, MI –
DISHER is currently searching for a high-level Engineering Project Manager. If you enjoy the challenges of large project management, especially in the food or pharmaceutical industry, this is the perfect role for you. This role requires a strong background in Mechanical Engineering and travel to our customer’s site but will be based out of Zeeland, MI.
What it’s like to work here:
DISHER is truly and simply a cool place to work. The teams are supportive, skilled, and passionate. Our culture is rooted in innovation and our mission is to make a positive difference
with our teammates, our customers, and our community. Hear more from DISHER team members at https://disher.com/about/culture/
What you will get to do:
What will make you successful:
- You will do project based mechanical engineering at our customer’s site on a variety of projects.
- The main industries you will work in would be food / pharmaceutical. Others may include automotive, agriculture, home building goods, consumer goods, medical or office furniture industries.
- Capital equipment project management.
- Be financially and design responsible for large projects.
- Drive large projects to completion within budget and timing requirements.
- Communicate daily with customers and vendors.
- Apply your mechanical engineering degree to solve complex engineering problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience (7 to 10 years preferred) in a world class manufacturing environment.
- Successful track record of large project completion essential.
- Able to demonstrate excellent problem solving and customer service skills
- Knowledge and experience with GMP, OSHA, FDA / USDA required.
- Experience in vetting and sourcing excellent vendors and contractors.
- Deep knowledge and hands on experience with manufacturing equipment required.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in plant layout and process flows required.
- Ability to effectively motivate teams to project completion.
- Ability to work cross team with leadership, quality, maintenance, manufacturing and other teams essential.
- Have an exceptional initiative and work ethic.
- Able to work with minimal direction, as well as consult with customers and have excellent communication skills.
Apply for the Engineering Project Manager position here:
- Must have current and continuing right to work in the United States of America without sponsorship.
DISHER is a full-service product development and engineering services firm in East and West Michigan and Indianapolis, Indiana. Our engineering team is highly technical and diversified, serving in a variety of markets including automotive, office furniture, alternative energy, and medical. Our capabilities span from napkin through launch, providing numerous opportunities for us to partner with clients in product and process development, as well as in talent identification and attraction.
Keywords: mechanical engineering, project management, food pharmaceutical industry, manufacturing, quality, capital equipment, process flow, facility plant lay out, financial and design responsible