Civil Engineer – Royal Oak, Michigan
Disher is currently partnering with a local Architectural and Engineering firm in the search of a full time, direct hire Civil Engineer at their Royal Oak, Michigan office. The Civil Engineer will work in coordination with the rest of the Civil Engineering team as well as with cross disciplinary project teams.
What it is like to work here:
We’re unique. Sure, every firm says that, but we know
what makes us unique. We constantly develop well-rounded professionals who become the best at what they do. We strive to create an office culture that reflects the rapidly shifting world we live in. We believe we’re located in great cities in one of the best parts of the world.
At our core we deeply value talent development and opportunities for growth. We have always supported an office culture that encourages new employees to become the best professionals in our core markets. Whether you come join us in our Michigan offices of Holland, Grand Rapids, and Royal Oak, or Indianapolis, Indiana, your opportunities are as limitless as your imagination. Come be a part of designing the future.
What you will get to do:
What will make you successful in this role:
- Prepare engineering design by collecting and studying reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and related topographical and geologic data.
- Analyze engineering design, conduct environmental impact studies and assemble data.
- Formulate engineering documents by developing construction specifications, plans, and schedules.
- Provide engineering information by answering client inquiries
- Observe and comply to federal, state, and local legal requirements by staying up to date on legislation and acting as an advisor on needed actions
- Work on a cross disciplinary project team
- Consider construction costs, government regulations, potential environmental hazards, and other factors in planning stages and risk analysis
- Present findings to clients on topics such as bid proposals, environmental impact statements, or property descriptions
What might set you apart from other candidates?
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- 6 - 10 years’ experience in site design, grading, utility design and development of construction plans
- Proven to be motivated and self-starting
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Experienced in CAD and proficient in Civil 3D
- Comfortable using Microsoft office applications such as Outlook, Word and Excel
The Legal Stuff:
- Knowledge of Hydrologic Modeling Software such as HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, Civil 3D SSA or HydroCAD
- Proficient in field inspections; client management, project management, and technical writing (specs)
- Experience with sustainable design, high performance design and/or USGBC LEED rating desirable
This is a direct, full time, permanent position, and the salary will be commensurate with experience, including an excellent benefit package. Must have current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin
Please apply at http://disherdesign.catsone.com/careers/
DISHER is a nationally-recognized product development and business consulting firm with offices in Zeeland and Ann Arbor, Michigan and Indianapolis, Indiana. Our team is highly technical and diversified, serving in a variety of markets including automotive, office furniture, alternative energy, and medical. Our capabilities span from napkin sketch through launch, providing numerous opportunities for us to partner with clients in product and process development. DISHER also assists clients with business solutions and Talent identification and attraction. Check out more about what we do at http://www.DISHER.com/about-us/
Keywords: civil engineer, CAD design, architecture, 3D models, Revit, AutoCAD Civil 3D, projects, mechanical piping systems, engineering, construction, HVAC, green building, LEED.