Interior Designer – Royal Oak, Michigan
Disher is a full-service product development and engineering firm in West Michigan. Our Talent Attraction team is currently partnering with our customer in their search for an Interior Designer. Our partner is an established A&E firm; this is a full time, direct hire role with our customer and not with Disher.
We’re unique. Sure, every firm says that, but we know
what makes us unique. We constantly develop well-rounded professionals who become the best at what they do. We strive to create an office culture that reflects the rapidly shifting world we live in. We believe we’re located in a great city in one of the best parts of the world.
At our core we deeply value talent development and opportunities for growth. We have always supported an office culture that encourages new employees to become the best professionals in our core markets of Educational facilities, Industrial plants, Healthcare facilities and Corporate offices.
We love what we do and we’re ready to help you love it too. We think that building engineering and architecture is an exciting career full of opportunities for innovation, exploration and relationship building, all to help make the world a better place.
Whether you come join us in Holland, Grand Rapids, Royal Oak, or Indianapolis, your opportunities are as limitless as your imagination. Come be a part of designing the future.
What you will get to do:
What will make you successful:
- Practice client relations and customer service throughout the design process.
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary project teams.
- Develop designs, participate in coordination of project design assignments, and develop design documentation.
- Assist the project manager with the direction of the overall project process including development of work plans and proposals.
- Create and maintain timelines for the interior design project and estimate project costs.
- Source and place orders for samples, materials and furnishings.
- Coordinate installation of design elements and furnishings.
- Undertake selection and research of project design materials, furnishings, fixtures, and equipment.
- Attend on-site visits to assist or lead interaction with contractors and vendors.
- Effectively illustrate interior design ideas to the client and project team.
- Develop and lead effective client presentations.
The Legal Stuff:
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design from an accredited design school.
- NCIDQ Certificate Holder preferred or eligibility to sit for exam is required.
- 5 – 10 years of experience required in an architectural or interior design firm.
- Experience with large projects from $100k (required) to $50M (desired).
- Strong knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness including furniture, fixtures, lighting, and visual art.
- Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems, sustainability, integrated design.
- Ability to consult with external clients and have excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign, and CAD / Revit required.
- Knowledge of current practices in the production of technical plans, specifications, drawings and models.
- Positive attitude with proven proficiency of working collaboratively and effectively within a team setting including architects, contractors, owners, consultants and vendors.
- Strong team collaboration skills and results, with a proven ability to take the lead at times.
- Experience with the K-12 Education market and LEED guidelines .
This is a direct, full time, permanent position, and the salary will be commensurate with experience, including an excellent benefit package. Must have current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin
Please apply at http://disherdesign.catsone.com/careers/
DISHER is a nationally-recognized product development and business consulting firm with offices in Zeeland and Ann Arbor, Michigan and Indianapolis, Indiana. Our team is highly technical and diversified, serving in a variety of markets including automotive, office furniture, alternative energy, and medical. Our capabilities span from napkin sketch through launch, providing numerous opportunities for us to partner with clients in product and process development. DISHER also assists clients with business solutions and Talent identification and attraction. Check out more about what we do at http://www.DISHER.com/about-us/
Keywords: Interior Design, NCIDQ, Design, SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign, K12, LEED.