Project Controller – Grand Rapids, Michigan
Disher is currently partnering with a growing, global material handling and logistic solutions company on their need for a Project Controller. In this role, you will support management planning and decision making by identifying, maintaining, and evaluating information. This role is based in Grand Rapids, Michigan with significant time required in Spring Lake, Michigan.
What it’s like to work here:
This growing, global company offers a stable work environment where you will have the opportunity to work on cross-functional, collaborative teams. The leadership team at this company has a clear strategic direction and is passionate about seeing their employees grow and develop in their individual career paths. While working here you will also have the opportunity to partner with a variety of Fortune 500 companies in developing their warehousing solutions.
What you will get to do:
What will make you successful:
- Create and maintain a dashboard of business drivers and performance metrics, establish a framework for measurement, and report across the business.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reviews highlighting areas for potential improvement through analysis of key performance metrics.
- Evaluate and prepare financial modeling for cost saving projects, capital expenditure evaluation, competitive analyses, new business development, margin improvements, and profitability.
- Prepare ad-hoc and standard financial analysis and reports as requested providing insight into the company’s operations and financial performance.
- Ensure all key FP&A processes are documented, key controls identified, and procedures developed to test the effectiveness of controls.
- Build financial database by identifying sources of information.
- Support department managers with resource planning. Conduct monthly project review with project managers.
Apply for this position here
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- At least 5 years of financial/accounting experience in a project-based industry.
- Desire to thrive in both a "hands-on" accounting function as well as strategic initiatives.
- Ability to navigate complex databases.
- Demonstrated proficiency of Excel.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time.
DISHER is a full-service product development and engineering services firm in East and West Michigan and Indianapolis, Indiana. Our engineering team is highly technical and diversified, serving in a variety of markets including automotive, office furniture, alternative energy, and medical. Our capabilities span from napkin through launch, providing numerous opportunities for us to partner with clients in product and process development, as well as in talent identification and attraction.
Learn about other DISHER opportunities here
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.