Senior Product Engineer (Motors) – Grand Rapids, Michigan
DISHER is currently partnering with an aerospace industry leader in Grand Rapids, Michigan on their need for a Senior Product Engineer. In this role, you will lead the magnetic and mechanical design of brushless DC motor and electro-mechanical solenoid design. This includes electric motors and solenoids for a variety of commercial and military aerospace actuator system applications.
What it’s like to work here:
This global company is a place where creativity, invention, and discovery become a reality. They offer a stable work environment where you will have the opportunity to work on cross-functional, collaborative teams. You will create products that are reliable, efficient, safe, and sustainable.
What you will get to do:
What will make you successful:
- Devise concepts, create drawings, and perform detailed analysis of motor requirements.
- Support manufacturing functions during new production development.
- Incorporate design standards in new concepts.
- Design for reliability, design for manufacture, and design for assembly of motors.
Apply for this position here: www.disher.com/careers
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering. Master’s degree in engineering a plus.
- Must have at least 7 years’ experience in motor design.
- At least 2 years of brushless DC motor design experience.
- Strong understanding of magnetic modeling tools for motor performance and solenoid simulation.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time.
DISHER is a full-service product development and engineering services firm in East and West Michigan and Indianapolis, Indiana. Our engineering team is highly technical and diversified, serving in a variety of markets including automotive, office furniture, alternative energy, and medical. Our capabilities span from napkin through launch, providing numerous opportunities for us to partner with clients in product and process development, as well as in talent identification and attraction.
Learn about other DISHER opportunities here: http://DISHERdesign.catsone.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Keywords: Electromagnetics, DC Motors, motor design