Plumbing Engineer – Royal Oak, Michigan
DISHER is currently partnering with our customer in their search for an experienced Plumbing Engineer.
Our partner is an established A&E firm; this is a full time, direct hire role with our customer that will work closely with architects, engineers, clients and contractors.
What it is like to work here:
We’re unique. Sure, every firm says that, but we know
what makes us unique. We constantly develop well-rounded professionals who become the best at what they do. We strive to create an office culture that reflects the rapidly shifting world we live in. We believe we’re located in a great city in one of the best parts of the world.
At our core we deeply value talent development and opportunities for growth. We have always supported an office culture that encourages new employees to become the best professionals in our core markets. Whether you come join us in Holland, Michigan, Grand Rapids, Michigan or Indianapolis, Indiana, your opportunities are as limitless as your imagination. Come be a part of designing the future.
What you will get to do:
What you will make you successful:
- Utilize your expertise to support the team with the design of complex plumbing systems.
- Prepare construction documents using Revit.
- Design domestic water, storm water, sanitary drain, waste and vent systems, fuel systems, medical gas systems, and laboratory gas systems.
- Prepare documents and calculations for the LEED certification process.
- Coordinate design efforts working closely with our project teams, clients, and building owners.
- Produce one-line diagrams/schematics, hydraulic calculations of plumbing systems, and calculations in the sizing of plumbing systems and equipment selection.
- Ensure that all drawings are prepared with accuracy, neatness and speed.
- Communicate with team members, other disciplines and outside vendors to obtain necessary information for designs and drawings.
- Assist the design team in the process of assembling organized sets of drawings.
- May assist in data collection and/or field verification, and work in conjunction with our teams of engineers to help develop all aspects of a project.
The Legal Stuf
- 5+ years of plumbing design experience
- Prior experience implementing designs through construction.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Plumbing Design / Engineering (or degree related to HVAC Design or Mechanical Engineering)
- Ability to manage design of multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously.
- Must be able and willing to travel locally for field work at client sites.
- Certified in Plumbing Design (CPD) is beneficial
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Proficiency with Autodesk Revit is preferred
- Must have current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship
f: This is a direct, full time, permanent position in our Holland office. Salary will be commensurate with experience, including an excellent benefit package. Must have current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
If you’re interested, please apply and attach resume at the following link: http://disherdesign.catsone.com/careers
DISHER is a nationally-recognized product development and business consulting firm with offices in Zeeland and Ann Arbor, Michigan and Indianapolis, Indiana. Our team is highly technical and diversified, serving in a variety of markets including automotive, office furniture, alternative energy, and medical. Our capabilities span from napkin sketch through launch, providing numerous opportunities for us to partner with clients in product and process development. DISHER also assists clients with business solutions and Talent identification and attraction. Check out more about what we do at http://www.DISHER.com/about-us/
Key words: Architecture and engineering, plumbing design, CPD, Revit, AutoCAD, HVAC, 3D modeling.