Commissioning Engineer – Grand Rapids, Michigan
Disher is currently partnering with our customer in their search for a top notch experienced Commissioning Engineer.
Our partner is an established A&E firm; this is a full time, direct hire role with our customer that will work closely with architects, engineers, clients and contractors.
What it is like to work here:
We’re unique. Sure, every firm says that, but we know
what makes us unique. We constantly develop well-rounded professionals who become the best at what they do. We strive to create an office culture that reflects the rapidly shifting world we live in. We believe we’re located in a great city in one of the best parts of the world.
At our core we deeply value talent development and opportunities for growth. We have always supported an office culture that encourages new employees to become the best professionals in our core markets. Whether you come join us in Holland, Michigan, Grand Rapids, Michigan or Indianapolis, Indiana, your opportunities are as limitless as your imagination. Come be a part of designing the future.
What you will get to do:
What you will make you successful:
- Lead and implement the commissioning plan, including test procedures and reports.
- Develop and maintain commissioning logs, recommended action steps and equipment checklists.
- Compile final commissioning report for the client.
- Share your recommendations for optimizing building operations.
- Attend construction and coordination meetings and visit project sites as necessary.
- Develop a commissioning plan tailored to the project.
- Coordinate and direct commissioning activities in a logical, sequential and efficient manner using consistent protocols, clear and regular communications and consultations with all necessary parties.
- Conduct preconstruction commissioning process meetings.
The Legal Stuf
- 5 + years in the mechanical and/or electrical design and construction field.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in complex M&E building systems.
- Capable of working independently with limited supervision and direction.
- Familiarity with IEES / ASHRAE / NEBB, etc. procedures and protocols.
- Certified through one of the recognized commissioning authorities
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to train and encourage other staff in quality commissioning; lead by example.
- Experience with Newforma software and with testing and balancing is beneficial.
- Experience working directly on a construction site with Contractors and/or Managers is preferred.
- Must have current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship
f: This is a direct, full time, permanent position in our Holland office. Salary will be commensurate with experience, including an excellent benefit package. Must have current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
If you’re interested, please apply and attach resume at the following link: http://disherdesign.catsone.com/careers
DISHER is a nationally-recognized product development and business consulting firm with offices in Zeeland and Ann Arbor, Michigan and Indianapolis, Indiana. Our team is highly technical and diversified, serving in a variety of markets including automotive, office furniture, alternative energy, and medical. Our capabilities span from napkin sketch through launch, providing numerous opportunities for us to partner with clients in product and process development. DISHER also assists clients with business solutions and Talent identification and attraction. Check out more about what we do at http://www.DISHER.com/about-us/
Key words: Architecture and engineering, Commissioning Engineer, Construction, Building Systems, IEES, ASHRAE, NEBB.