Applications Engineer (Swiss CNC Programmer) – Noblesville, Indiana
DISHER is currently partnering with a world leader in CNC machine manufacturing in Noblesville, Indiana to fill their Application Engineer role on the team. In this role, you will develop a deep understanding of the machine product line and provide technical customer support by directing the program development, installation and training of the customer’s machine.
What it’s like to work here:
This company is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of CNC turning machines, automatic lathes, multi-spindle lathes and turn-mill centers. This close-knit, high-functioning team holds each other accountable and knows they can rely on each other. Their team is based around six values that give them direction and purpose in their work, these values are, Trust, Respect, Teamwork, Quality, Innovation, and Integrity.
What you will get to do:
What will make you successful:
- Develop a deep understanding of the machine product line
- Interface with customer and provide hands-on technical support
- Review customer part prints, time studies and machine quotations
- Assist in the development of tooling, work-holding and project purchases
- Plan lead times of tooling, hit deadlines, and customize CNC Programs to create machining solutions
- Develop documentation related to tooling and work-holding for projects
- Coordinate set-up of machines and follow through with training at the customer site
- Self-motivate and drive project forward to meet the quoted timelines
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering Technology or related degree
- 2+ years of experience in machine shops and working with CNC machines which includes setting up and programming twin spindle, multiple turret lathes
- 5-axis exposure is a plus
- Technical skills in applied engineering
- Have a working knowledge of machines with the ability to program
- Be self-motivated and driven to meet the quoted timelines
- Clever thinker and skilled problem solver
- Hands-on worker and comfortable tinkering with the machine on the shop floor
- Alignment with 6 values, Trust, Respect, Teamwork, Quality, Innovation, Integrity
- Self-starter mentality with a great enjoyment for meeting customers and building relationships
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time
- Must have current and continuing right to work in the United States of America without sponsorship
Apply for this position here: http://DISHERdesign.catsone.com/careers
DISHER is a full-service product development and engineering services firm in East and West Michigan and Indianapolis, Indiana. Our engineering team is highly technical and diversified, serving in a variety of markets including automotive, office furniture, alternative energy, and medical. Our capabilities span from napkin through launch, providing numerous opportunities for us to partner with clients in product and process development, as well as in talent identification and attraction.
Learn about other DISHER opportunities here: www.disher.com/careers
Keywords: Applications Engineer, Precision Machining, Turret, Tooling, Swiss Lathe, CNC machines, CNC Programmer.