Project-based Engineers – Zeeland and Ann Arbor, Michigan --
We are currently looking for several Engineers to join our team and support projects with a variety of customers. These roles provide flexibility for you to set your own availability, including long-term and short-term availability as well as part-time and full-time.
What is DISHER DEN (DISHER Extended Network)?
At DISHER, we partner with companies to add our engineering expertise and help build a vibrant culture outside of our home offices. We are passionate about making a positive difference in our customer’s work environments. If you are searching for a career outside of a “regular full-time salaried role” with a flexible schedule, either part-time or full-time, yet with a team to support you in the process, then a DEN role is perfect for you.
What it’s like to work here:
DISHER is truly and simply a cool place to work. The teams are supportive, skilled, and passionate. Our culture is rooted in innovation and our mission is to make a positive difference with our teammates, our customers, and our community. The work motto at DISHER tends to be “Work Hard - Play Hard.” The teams at DISHER are diligent with their projects and truly enjoy the company of their peers. Hear more from DISHER team members at https://disher.com/about/culture/
What you will get to do:
What will make you successful:
- Utilize skill sets in one or more of the following areas to support a variety of our customer’s projects:
- Product design and development
- Machine design
- Manufacturing, Process or Quality engineering
- Automation / Controls Engineering
- Project Engineering, Program Management
- Electrical Engineering in electronics hardware / software development, test or design
- Partner with our customers on innovative and challenging projects
- Work with customers on an outlined project for a defined length of time (varying from several weeks to several months)
- Experience a variety of teams and work environments through projects with DISHER
- Expand your professional experience with projects for a variety of products and industries
- Make a positive difference using your engineering expertise
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering in a related engineering field (Mechanical, Product Design, Electrical, Computer Engineering, Electronics or Industrial preferred)
- 2+ years of engineering and customer facing experience (varies with project)
- Experience in world class manufacturing environments
- Ability to consult with customers on their worksite
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be a self-starter, who can pursue and fulfill responsibilities independently
- Ability to travel 10 – 30% of the time to customer site (varies with project)
What is next?
Apply for this position here:
- Must have current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship
Keywords: Mechanical Engineer, Product Development, Design, 3D CAD, Manufacturing, Quality, Process, Project, Program Manager, Electronics Engineer, Part-time, Full-time, Flexible work, temporary projects.